Welcome to South River Youth Athletics
South River Youth Athletics is a non-profit organization administered by a volunteer board representing the South River Community at large, whose mission is to: promote, encourage, direct and operate athletic programs for the children and youth of the South River area, Anne Arundel County, Maryland. The association shall also strive to promote ideals of good citizenship as well as good sportsmanship through its athletic programs and activities, and for the benefit of the community.
Registration is open for:
- SRYA Team Weeks at Modell's through May 23
Save 15% using your team weeks coupons at Modell's
Print out the modells coupon and bring it with you. If you forget it, you can have them scan the coupon using your smart phone.
- Modell's & SRYA's Athletes of the Month for April
Congratulations to Adrianna Parker, SRYA's Female Athlete of the Month for April!
Adrianna (Dranna), Foward, is a member of the SRYA U8 Division 2 Grasshoppers. Dranna has single handedly taken over games with her hustle, tenacity, ball control, and skills. She is routinely double-teamed but still has scored 3 hat-ticks in 6 games and as well as recording a 5-goal and a 4-goal game. But Dranna is more than just a forward for the Grasshoppers. } Her advanced understanding of the game and different positions enables her to skillfully play midfield (4th attacker) and defense as well. She is a joy to coach, says her coach Dan Waz, she listen wells to instructions, learns quickly and has an enormous heart for the game of soccer and her teammates!
Congratulations to Josh Long, SRYA's Male Athlete of the Month for April!
Josh is a team leader and has lead his team to 3 victories to begin the season. His batting prowess is demonstrated by hitting 2 Grand Slams and another 4 three run homers. His RBI total is more than most team totals at this level. His batting is only surpassed by his pitching skill. He has only given up one hit in his last 12 innings of work. A true shut down hurler. Off the field, you will not meet a nicer kid. He is always polite and mannerly when approached by officials and other adults. The smile he wears is very infectious so watch out when you see him. It can be contagious.
- Join our Facebook group South River Youth Athletics (SRYA) Seahawks
- SRYASeahawks follow us on Twitter!
Tweets by @SRYASeahawks
- In compliance with the Maryland Youth Concussion Legislation Signed into Law by Governor Martin O'Malley on May 19, 2011, each youth organization within Anne Arundel County is required to complete and keep on file the Concussion Awareness Form below.
- Concussion Awareness Form - Click here to download form in pdf
- The Concussion Awareness Form needs to be completed by all participants within an athletic program and kept on file at the organization.
- More info available - Concussion information page